You can search for the apps by typing the keyword. Or you can browse through the categories to look for the apps. Most of these apps are free. But you will find paid apps as well.
Downloading Play Store for different devices
When it comes to Android devices, Google Play Store might be pre-installed. If you are using a device which doesn’t have the Google Play Store inside it, then you will be able to download the APK file to install Google Play Store on your device. This way, you will gain access to millions of amazing apps that Play Store has to offer.
How to download Play Store with the APK file?
- First and foremost, you need to find out the version of Android you are using.
- You need to download the latest version of Google’s Play Store.
- However, at the same time, you have to make sure that the version of Play Store is compatible with your Android version.
- You will be able to find the Google Play Store in APK format.
- Make sure that you download Play Store APK only from trusted sources.
- Download it from tech blogs, Android blogs etc. You don’t want to download it from untrusted sources as those files might be corrupted.
- Remember where you have downloaded it.
- It’s time for you to enable unknown sources in the settings.
- It has been part of Android for a very long time.
- If you want to install APK, then you need to enable unknown source setting.
- Go to the device settings.
- Go to the ‘Security.’
- Check the ‘Unknown sources’ box.
- You will get a warning message pop up. It is important for you to read it. Then hit ‘OK’. You are done with enabling unknown sources.
- In case if you are unable to find Unknown Sources in the settings, you may have to look for it in the Application Settings or Privacy Settings.
Install Play Store with the help of a file manager
- It’s time to use the file manager application in order to install Play Store. You can use your most favorite file browser.
- Open the file browser and locate the APK file on your device. Most likely, it will be in the Downloads folder on your SD card.
- When you click on the APK file, you might get a popup window asking which app to use. You need to select ‘Package Installer’ here.
- You will be asked to review permission changes on the next screen. Once you are done with permission changes, you are free to install Google Play Store.
- You need to disable unknown sources setting before you start using the app.
- It can be a big security headache if you leave it enabled.
- Go back to the settings once again. Uncheck the box next to ‘Unknown Sources’.
Play Store download for PC
These days, lots of people use Google Play Store on their PCs. Google Play Store is not just meant for smart phones alone. If you wish to use it on your PC and take advantage of the large pool of apps available there, then it is totally possible. The Google Play Store is the biggest app market out there. It has best of the apps you can find. We are going to see how we can install the Google Play Store on your PC.
- The first thing you need to remember is the fact that you cannot directly install Android APK on your computer.
- Your PC allows only .exe files to get installed.
- You need the help of Android emulator software to install Google Play Store on your PC.
- The Android emulator program allows you to run Android OS on your PC.
- We recommend BlueStacks, which is really good software which allows you to run Android on your tablet PCs, laptops and PC.
- First and foremost, you need to install BlueStacks program on your PC. You have to make sure that you are downloading the latest version of the software, as it comes with all the latest features.
- You need to install BlueStacks once you have downloaded it on your PC. There is nothing complicated about this software as it is really easy to use. However, we would like to recommend using Google Play Store on an Android device in advance to have familiarity with it.
- You have to follow the installation in a step by step manner.
- Click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- A small popup window will tell you that the program is extracting files. It will take only a few seconds.
- Once you are done with the extraction, you will be introduced the Welcome page. There you need to click on the ‘Next’ button to proceed with the installation.
- In the Next page, you will be asked to choose the general location for the files. It is common to all installations. Click Next.
- Now you will be introduced to the main features of BlueStack. You need to click the ‘Install’ button.
- Installation of BlueStacks is really easy as it will not take more than 5 minutes of your time.
- Once you are done with the installation, click ‘Finish’ button. It will launch the BlueStacks App Player.
- It will give you few start-up tips. Click ‘Got it’ to make those tips go away.
- BlueStacks comes with a sidebar and title bar.
- If you wish to search for apps, then you can use the search icon.
- Next up, you need to Enable App Store. This is a one-time process where you will Setup BlueStacks Account as well. Last but not least, you will Enable App Sync. You need to click the ‘Continue’ button next.
- It is time for you to connect your Google account with BlueStacks. You need to sign in with your Google account email id and password. Follow the remaining steps to Enable App Store.
- Now it is time for you to click the Google account you have just used to complete the set up.
- When you click Continue, it will take you to the 3rd step – Enable App Sync. You need to click ‘Let’s Go’. It will take you to the Play Store right away.
- You are finally accessing the Google Play Store! You will see lots of apps on the screen. If you wish to install a particular app, just hit the ‘search’ icon for it. You can install apps one after another to make your PC more entertaining and functional.
- You can expand the left bar to see what is in store for you. You will come across various categories like Wishlist, Redeem, Movies, Entertainment, and Books etc.
- You are also allowed to copy apps from your PC to the BlueStacks. You just have to utilize the copy option in the left bar.
- You can use the option named ‘Shake’ as well.
- You will find the setting menu in the top right corner of the window.
Just like you update your Android apps whenever there is a new version, you need to update your Google Play Store app as well. Newer versions might have new appearances, stability improvements and exciting new features. It is important to keep your Google Play Store updated.
- First and foremost, you need to unlock your phone. Next up, launch the Google Play Store app. It’s easy to find the Play Store App.
- Now that we have launched the app, let’s look for the latest updates. You need to swipe from left to right on the display of your device.
- You will see the slide-out menu.
- You need to scroll down until you find ‘Settings’. You need to select that.
- You need to scroll down on the settings screen. Stop when you see the ‘About’ section. Here you will be able to find out the version of your Play Store. You need to tap on the version to see if you need to update it with a new version or not.
- If it is the latest version already, then Play Store will let you know. But if there is an update available, you need to do download it immediately.
- It is important to make sure that you are having the latest version of Play Store on your device.
As we have already discussed Google Play Store is the official app market for Android. It is the largest app market in the world, where you will find all sorts of apps that you have been looking for. Competition is fierce among app developers on the Play Store. As a result, you will be able to find the best of the apps. Apps have a rating system. This allows you to find the best rated apps. You can also read the reviews posted by users for each one of these apps.
As we already know, Play Store has been equipped with many amazing apps, e-books and widgets. It also provides lots of other useful things to all the Android users out there. Let’s take a look at some of those advantages below to gain a better understanding of the same.
- Google Play Store restricts app purchase by passwords. If you have children at home, then this feature is going to be really useful to prevent the misuse. This password restriction is also helpful in making sure only one user is accessing the apps. However, for this work, you need to enable the restricted feature by setting a new password.
- Adult content filtering is another advantage of Google Play Store. If you wish to hide adult humor, gambling, violence etc. from your children, then you can enable this filter.
- You will be able to take a look at your buying history. All that you need to do is to click the Gear icon. This will be helpful in understanding your spending habits.
- You can control your device with the help of Android Device Manager App. It is a really app. You will be able to control your device remotely with the help of this app. You can delete all the inside it if you want to. You can also lock the device with the help of it.